Forward-thinking enterprises are now transforming tuition administration from a benefit to a strategic tool. In this webinar, an HR Consultant for Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC) and a benefits manager for Sprint shared high-level strategies and personal experiences in elevating their tuition assistance programs.
Spokespersons from Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center — a Magnet® hospital — discussed the challenges they faced in educating their busy nursing staff in order to meet the Institute of Medicine (IOM) mandate that 80% of all RNs complete their B.S.N. by 2020. They further shared the steps involved with turning tuition assistance from an administrative challenge into a strategic benefit, resulting in $450,000 in cost savings.
Likewise, Sprint explained why career development was so crucial to improve retention with their front-line retail and customer service employees, and how Sprint now treats their investment in tuition assistance as a strategic tool for employee growth.
- What spurs organizations to elevate tuition assistance programs
- How a clearly communicated tuition assistance program can support strategic hiring, talent management, and learning and development goals
- How support for employees' career growth maximized Sprint's retention goals
- How empowering nurses to achieve RN-to-B.S.N. degrees bolstered Cincinnati Children's Magnet® status and closed necessary skill gaps
- How educational advising can help employees accelerate learning
- Nathan Hays, benefits manager, Sprint
- Lynn Hall, HR consultant, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center